I'm having a think about the best approach to video files. Whether to keep them in shotwell or separate. Nothing special, just clips from the iPhone and webcams mostly.

I have my preferences set to write metadata to image files but from the tests I've just been trying this doesn't appear to apply to video.

Since video files are usually less predictable in size and format I'll probably keep them separate from my photos, but I'm curious to know if anyone uses shotwell for video storage and whether there's any plans to write metadata direct to video files too.

I'm running 0.30.1 – “Celle” on Debian Stretch.

thanks

Dougie