David, That's a great idea! Editing the wiki is very easy: go to the URL of the page you want to create, which should not exist yet, such as: http://trac.yorba.org/wiki/HowToBuildInUbuntuFromSource
The wiki will automatically ask you if you want to create a new page. Create it and populate it. I suggest you use the Debian one as a template (for this, go to the Debian page, click "Edit this page" at the bottom to see the source). Formatting a wiki article is also very easy, you will notice that when you edit a page, there is a link to a page that describes wiki formatting just below the text area. As for the fact that Lucid will eventually be out of date, it will always be easier to edit an existing page to add instructions for Maverick, Natty, etc than start from scratch so I'd say go for it. Bruno On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 20:59 -0500, David Velazquez wrote: > As I may have mentioned I'm currently working on a guide to compile the > latest stable build of Shotwell from source in Ubuntu Lucid complete with > screen shots, my own screw ups, and as many detailed instructions as I can > muster. I was first wondering if there would be an interest in this by > either the developers or anyone else. Secondly, I was curious how one would > be able to create new pages on the Shotwell wiki similar to this one: > http://trac.yorba.org/wiki/HowToBuildInDebianFromSource (I already have an > account). I could very well write it in OpenOffice or the like, but it would > be far easier to write and edit in the wiki itself given that I plan on > embedding images to help people along and other things that would be best > accomplished using the wiki-markup. > > I already have the images I plan to use and am currently working through the > process one more time since I ran into some issues myself the first time. > The only potential drawbacks I can see for this is that Lucid will, > eventually, be out of date and these instructions potentially rendered > useless because of it. Thoughts? > _______________________________________________ > Shotwell mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shotwell _______________________________________________ Shotwell mailing list [email protected] http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shotwell
