I could've been more explicit on the ticket, my mistake.
Today is string freeze for Yorba. Later today I will be posting new .pot files for both Shotwell and Geary on Transifex. I double-checked by doing a dry run yesterday, the strings you listed will be present in the new .pot file. As far as generating the .pot file, alas, in Shotwell we use a non-distributed script files to generate the strings. That's caused some trouble in the past, and now it's causing trouble again. I think this is something we should remedy, maybe even in this release, so I've ticketed this at http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/7526
-- Jim