Hi,

I'm using shotwell 0.15.0 on ubuntu 13.10 (i386)

I have the "write metadata to photo files" option enabled. This option
appears to be causing my photo library to fill up with duplicate
photos. I'll import photos from the camera and not delete them. I'll
then tag the photos and these tags are written to the files. Sometime
later I do another import and the older photos are imported again
creating duplicates. I suspect the CRC check fails due to the tags
which were added.

Turning off "write metadata to photo files" is not ideal because I
have the photos on a shared folder and my tags automatically appear to
the other users on the system.

Any thoughts on how to better manage this? Always deleting the photos
from the camera would work except we have multiple devices and
multiple users in the home and trying to enforce this ... well it's
not going to happen.

If tags were written to an associated xml file this would preserve the
original and could be useful for file formats which don't support
metadata. I don't know if there is already a standard for this.

Thanks

Craig