On Wed, 29 May 2002 00:06:24 +0200, Falko Eickel wrote:

> > RTL successfull compiled under FPC.
>And broken under its own compiler :-(.
Sorry, in PMHELP.PAS must be:

FUNCTION InfoBox(st:STRING):LONGINT;
BEGIN
  {$IFDEF SPEED}
  result:=WinMessageBox (HWND_DESKTOP, HWND_DESKTOP, st[1],'', 0, MB_OK | MB_ERROR);
  {$ELSE}
  st:=st+#0;
  result:=WinMessageBox (HWND_DESKTOP, HWND_DESKTOP, @st[1],'', 0, MB_OK or MB_ERROR);
  {$ENDIF}
END;

>The default SPR file has all warnings disabled - if you enable them, there
>are galores of messages (and still a lot, if you disable W1 and keep only
>the others). Shouldn't we look at those issues? Porting a correct program
>to another compiler is enough work, but chasing these inherent bugs coming
>out on a new platform could become a nightmare.
It is known about warnings. But I wan't see whem at the present time. :)

>I changed these settings in svde.spr:
>
>[Compiler Options]
>
>CodeGeneration=InlineStrings,Assertions,SaveConstructors
>Syntax=
>Optimize=OptimizeCommonSub,OptimizePeephole
>RuntimeCheck=InOut,Overflow,Stack,Range
>CondDefine=
>
>[Compiler Warnings]
>
>;Warnings=W1,W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W7
>;or
>Warnings=W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W7
>MaxWarnings=2000
>MaxErrors=10
>
>[Debugger Options]
>
>DebugInfo=LineNumbers,LocalSymbols
>EvalHints=True
>Dbg_Options=1
>RTL_Exceptions=1073741823
>SPCC_Exceptions=4194303
I'm planning to remove this uglu project file and replace by Makefile (for FPC). SPC
project file doesn't have good design.

>Ah, you disabled the ugly gradient titlebar, fine.
Optional. Not finished yet. If you know how to redraw all titles of all application's
windows then reload of sibyl will not required. Main goal was fix Styler/2 bug
(without
gradient disabling).

> > Testsuite needed.
>Hm. It's time to install FPC ... I must admit, that most of my programs
>were commandline only (either pure input/output processing or VIO).
First of all I'm planning to combine FPC RTL and Sibyl RTL into one. And write API
functions overload to make calls like
dosXXXYYY(S: String)
instead of
dosXXXYYY(S: PChar)

So, in result, both fpc or spc programs must be compiled without any problems. But for
this testsuite required (for API calls check)