On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:00:11 +0100 (MEZ), Veit Kannegieser wrote:

>> Since I don't updating sources in cvs for the long time I want to say two words
>about current status. Now I'm reimplementing MKMSGF utility from Toolkit. Also I'm
>writing
>> DEMSGF (message file decompiler). These tools required for Language Manager. Also
>I'm looking on IPFC for IPF support, but too much work required. If anyone
>> interested in development of this tools - you are welcome. Description of INF/HLP
>files can be found in newview source archive (not binary).
>I have a decompiler:
>http://www-user.tu-cottbus.de/~kannegv/quelle/e_msgf.arj (source)
>http://www-user.tu-cottbus.de/~kannegv/programm/e_msgf.arj (binary)
Yes, I know. My work based on this.

>Currently it does not give a hint how to reasssemble multi-language/
>codepage .MSG: For example a korean message file linked to a .437
>message file in case the codepage is 837. The linked message files
>are produiced by mkmsgf if you use multiple source text files
>in the response file.
You decompiler supports singlelanguage message files of version 2. My decompiler also
supports msgfiles of version 0. I don't know about version 1 message files
(because I can't found them). Also partally supported multilanguage messagefiles, but
not finished yet. Also I know how to detect DBCS file, but don't know how to support
them.

BTW, If you send me DBCS files I try to make full DBCS support. If sources also
presented then send them too, please. As I know, also presentet DBCS with single-byte
chars. May be such file also required.