Hi Yuri,

Yuri Prokushev wrote:
[SPCC]

Required work: rewrite from the scratch most of code

Huh? This is a gigantic job.

Comment: Any of you free to port existent code, but its not so good idea. SPC class implementation slightly different in comparation with FPC, so some classes must be rewritten. It's one side. Another side is SPCC draws most of control by itself.
Only what it needs to, ie. what OS/2 doesn't have built in. TButton, TListBox, TCheckBox, etc are all native. Things like ProgressBar, bitmap button, tabset are custom drawn because PM doesn't have any.

Most of control classes can be rewritten in more simple way -> smaller size/ease to understand.

I agree that the SPCC is not very good code in some parts, huge amount of copy-and-paste. Lately I was looking at TBitmap code, and rewrote one part (.CreateNew) to about 1/3 the size.

But, IT WORKS, and a lot of the code is OK.

Rewriting the SPCC and getting it working reliably with all the custom controls would be about 3 years of work for one person I think.

Aaron

--
Aaron Lawrence http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence
New Zealand 025 271 8506 06 359 0796