Hi Andrei,

Thanks a lot for the explainations and the example for Cr.

SIESTA manuel mentioned that to generate a polarization
orbital one needs to use "P" in PAO.Basis. However, I saw
from Siesta website that in some of the optimized basis sets,
for example Ti and Mn, only a normal single zeta (4p) is used
as a polarization orbital. It is mentioned in the notes for these
bases that this normal single zeta is intended for polarization.
Of course, this is not the definition of
a polarization orbital in the SIESTA manuel. I don't know the reason
why people use a normal single zeta rather than following the manuel.
Is it better in some cases?  Or, it is not a justified method?

By the way, do you have a tested basis sets for Cr, V?
I have pseudopotential for Cr and V without semicore states.
The magnetic moments are too high, so semicore states are necessary.
I'm currently testing PP's for Cr and V from a publication with
DZP, which will be generated by the method I learned today.
I'll be very grateful if you can send me PP's and basis, if you
have some.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Xiaobing