So it's a bug of the program, I met this problem too. I was thinking of my
fault.
Without Parallel non-collinear spin calculation can last forever.
Headachy.

On 5/11/07, Vasilii Artyukhov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> About the Cholesky bug: I've fallen its victim, too, running parallel
> SIESTA compiled with ifort 9. However, in my case everything would work when
> I turned off the parallelization over k-points. I don't get this error on an
> IBM machine with the XL compilers, so the bug seems related to the Intel
> compiler. I've tried both MKL and the usual BLAS/LAPACK, it seems the
> libraries are not guilty of this. I also tried different levels of
> optimization (including zero) for cdiag.f, didn't help either. So it would
> be extremely nice if someone from the developers side could take a look and
> tell us how to compile SIESTA on parallel Intel clusters with ifort so that
> everything works properly.
>
> 2007/5/10, Marcos Verissimo Alves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > Hi Mousumi,
> >
> > > 1. Presently I'm doing some spin-plarized relaxation calculations
> > using
> > > only the option "SpinPolarized yes". But, I will like to do the
> > > calculations with fixed spins on each atom. How to fix spins in SIESTA
> > and
> > > run relax/scf calculations?
> >
> > Check the flags FixSpin, TotalSpin and DM.InitSpin, in the siesta
> > manual.
> > I guess they will do what you want.
> >
> > >
> > > 2. I need to calculate magnetic moment and spin-dependent electronic
> > DOS
> > > of my system of study after fixing the spins properly. Could someone
> > guide
> > > as to how we calculate magnetic moment in SIESTA. An input file and,
> > > output file will be very helpful.
> >
> > Either I haven't understood what you want, or I am very wrong; but if
> > you
> > fix the spins on the atoms, you have already determined the magnetic
> > moment beforehand, haven't you? The magnetic moment is given at the end
> > of
> > your calculation by Qup-Qdown.
> >
> > With regards to the spin-dependent DOS, you can calculate it in two
> > ways.
> > One of them is using the eig2dos.f program, in the Util directory of
> > siesta. It will calculate the DOS from the eigenvalues, contained in the
> > EIG file. Another one, more expensive, but good if you want to see the
> > constributions of different orbitals and even from individual atoms, is
> > to
> > calculate the Projected Density of States (check for the flag
> > ProjectedDensityOfStates in the manual). It will calculate the PDOS
> > **and** DOS.
> >
> > Since we are speaking of noncollinear spin calculations, I would like to
> > call the developers' attention to a bug in the noncollinear spin
> > calculations. I was doing some tests for noncollinear spin calculations,
> >
> > and I ran into two bugs. One happens in parallel runs, the other in
> > serial
> > runs.
> >
> > Before anything, my compilations:
> >
> > 1) Parallel: compiler: ifort 9, mpich - myrinet version at CINECA and
> > also
> > my own compiled latest version in a dual-core turion -, mpi scalapack
> > and
> > blacs compiled from scratch. Also the latest version of scalapack, 1.8,
> > which I compiled and tested a few minutes ago at CINECA. Intel serial
> > mkl
> > libraries - CINECA doesn't seem to have the cluster version of the mkl.
> >
> > 2) Serial: ifort 9 and mkl. Both versions of siesta are compiled with
> > -DWXML_INIT_FIX flag.
> >
> > The bug in parallel runs is one that has come up so many times in the
> > list, the "error in Cholesky factorization", in cdiag.f . It happens for
> > the prosaic molecule O2, but also happens for the (also prosaic) ptn
> > with
> > 2 atoms in the unit cell. I have not tried running it for a larger
> > system.
> >
> > The Cholesky error disappears when I run the calculations with a fully
> > serial version of siesta, compiled without mpi, scalapack and so on.
> > However, it crashes when, at the end of the first SCF step, it tries to
> > write the data to the xml file. It says that a certain unit is already
> > open, and stops there. I'll be glad to provide all pseudo, fdf and
> > makefiles, plus the procedures I used to compile each of the versions,
> > if
> > this is necessary to reproduce the mistake.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Marcos
> >
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Marcos Verissimo Alves
> > Post-Doctoral Fellow
> > Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics Sector
> > International Centre for Theoretical Physics
> > Trieste, Italy
> >
> > --------
> >
> > I have become so addicted to vi that I try to exit OpenOffice by typing
> > :wq!
> >
>
>

Reply via email to