On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Cherry Y. Yates wrote:

| Dear all,
|
| I wonder if anyone know how to calculate electron DOS
| of individual atom? I know there is a projected DOS block, but that one only
records total DOS. For example, I have a system with 1000 atoms, I can
calculate its total DOS, so that I can get band structure; but if I would like
to calculate the electron DOS of the first 100 atoms, how could I do within
SIESTA?

Cherry:
along with DOS you always get the .PDOS and pdos.xml files which contain
electron DOS resolved in each single atom (and orbital). In order
to select information in a sophisticated way (e.g., first 100 atoms
as you wish), look in
siesta-2.0/Util/pdosxml
for inspiration.

Good luck,

Andrei Postnikov
+-- Dr. Andrei Postnikov ---- Tel. +33-387315873 ----- mobile +33-666784053 ---+
| Paul Verlaine University - Institute de Physique Electronique et Chimie,     |
| Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Denses, 1 Bd Arago, F-57078 Metz, France |
+-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------ http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/
--+