Hi all,

I was trying to use the Broyden mixing scheme in siesta, in both versions
2.0 and 2.0.2-rc9, and I was getting a segmentation fault when it came to
cycling the broyden history. Looking at the code, I saw that in the file
m_broyddj.f90, the following lines (86-93) were commented:

 if (associated(br%dF)) deallocate(br%dF)
 allocate(br%dF(1:n,0:maxit))
 if (associated(br%u)) deallocate(br%u)
 allocate(br%u(1:n,0:maxit))
 if (associated(br%w)) deallocate(br%w)
 allocate(br%w(0:maxit))
 if (associated(br%dFdF)) deallocate(br%dFdF)
 allocate(br%dFdF(0:maxit,0:maxit))

which was the source of the error. So if you want to use Broyden mixing
for the SCF, you have to uncomment them and recompile siesta.

Cheers,

Marcos

--
Dr. Marcos Verissimo Alves
Post-Doctoral Fellow

------

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto.