Dear Sonia

The small band gap u got is a well known problem for DFT calculations, most
frequently attributed to the fact that in DFT the exchange functional is not
exactly computed ...

This problem usually is addressed using the LDA + U schema or mixing your
correlation functional mixed with some thing around 10% of the Hartree-Fock
exchange fiunctional ... but, as far as I know, neither solutions are
implemented in SIESTA untill now! :(

If I'm wrong  I hope someone else can correct me

Regards

NH