Dear Marty,

Happy to receive your guide. I have put broadening of 0.2 eV, since when I
consider smaller amounts, the imaginary part of dielectric function goes to
have alot of ups and downs which changes the results I expect. Should I again
try to cgange it to smaller amounts?

Also, for 2D structure I have:

%block kgrid_Monkhorst_Pack
 8   0   0   0.00
  0  8   0   0.00
  0   0  1   0.00
%endblock kgrid_Monkhorst_Pack

So, I have chosen the mesh as:

%block Optical.Mesh
   40 40 1
%endblock Optical.Mesh

should I still change "1" to higher amounts?

Also, for the Scissor, as far as I got you we will have "optical scissor =
experimental bandgap - calculated bandgap" ?

Wait for your kind advice.

Best wishes
Julie Smart

Caltech University