Supposing your cell has a and b on the x-y plane, parallel to x and y
respectively, and c parallel to z, try a variable-cell optimization
together with

%block GeometryConstraints
   stress  1 2 4 5 6
%endblock GeometryConstraints

(however, check the syntax in the siesta manuals first). The idea is that
the cell stresses on the xx, yy, xy, xz and yz stress tensor components do
not change. Alternatively, you can always do the E vs c curve with a
series of fixed-cell optimizations and extract the value for which c is
minimum, given a set of values for a and b.

Marcos

Vous avez écrit / You have written / Lei ha scritto / Você escreveu...
Gregory Geneste

--
Dr. Marcos Verissimo Alves
Post-Doctoral Fellow

------

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto.

Free translation:

Gort, Google is your friend. Google is your friend. Google is your friend.