Hi Marcos. We have the band structure and the PDOS, just as you suggest.
 We've seen images generated with other codes where not only the energy is 
determined, but also the k-point; that's what we'd like to achieve. I am sure 
we may be able to do this on siesta with some extra coding, but wondered if 
somebody had done it and could share some insight with us.

 Thank you,
-Salvador.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:55:22 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Projecting element character into a band structure plot

This might sound too obvious but... I'm not so sure I have understood
eventual subtleties in your request, Salvador.

How about identifying the atom indices in a given layer, extracting
the PDOS corresponding to the sum of individual n, l, m contributions
of each atom in the given layer and plot them?

Cheers,

Marcos

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Barraza-lopez, Salvador
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I would like to color a band structure plot according to the atomic species 
> contributing the most to a given band: I would like to decompose the band 
> structure according to the atomic species in the system. The system is a 
> layered structure, so it makes sense to think of a given layer to the overall 
> band structure.
>
>  Wondering about the proper way to go about it.
>
>  Thank you in advance,
> -Salvador.
>
> --
> Salvador Barraza-Lopez
> Postdoctoral Fellow
> School of Physics
> The Georgia Institute of Technology
>
> Office N205
> 837 State Street Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0430 U.S.A
> Tel: (404) 894-0892 Fax: (404) 894-9958
>

-- 
Salvador Barraza-Lopez
Postdoctoral Fellow
School of Physics
The Georgia Institute of Technology

Office N205
837 State Street Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0430 U.S.A
Tel: (404) 894-0892 Fax: (404) 894-9958

Responder a