Hi, Jason

Thank you very much. You are very nice.

2009/11/12 Jason McAfee <[email protected]>:
> Yuhang,
> A chemical reaction for your calculation would be the following:
> 24 Si -> Si_24
> The binding energy is the energy absorbed by this reaction.
> E_binding = SUM( products ) - SUM( reactants )
>                = E(Si_24) - 24*E(Si)
> This is the total binding energy for your system.
> Simply divide by the number of atoms, 24 in your case, to obtain the binding
> energy per atom.
> You have E(Si_24). It is the Total energy reported by Siesta, -2570.329449
> All you need now is the Total energy of a single Si atom.
> So, place a single Si atom in the same simulation cell you are using for the
> Si_24 calculation.
> Good luck,
> Jason
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM, yuhang jing <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Siesta Users
>>
>> I try to calculate the binding energy of bulk silicon. The following
>> is the results about the energy.
>> siesta: Final energy (eV):
>> siesta:       Kinetic =     970.814378
>> siesta:       Hartree =     182.028830
>> siesta:    Ext. field =       0.000000
>> siesta:   Exch.-corr. =    -779.962976
>> siesta:  Ion-electron =   -1198.084510
>> siesta:       Ion-ion =   -1745.125169
>> siesta:       Ekinion =       0.000000
>> siesta:         Total =   -2570.329449
>>
>> I am confused. I do not know which one is the binding energy or is
>> related to the binding energy. The cell contains 24 atoms. I think the
>> binding energy should be about 4.63 eV/atom. However, I can not obtain
>> it. Could you help me?
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> --
>> Yours Sincerely
>> Yuhang Jing
>
>



-- 
Yours Sincerely
Yuhang Jing

Responder a