Dear Frederico Dutilh Novaes,
Thanks for your advice. When I use the same fdf input files and put
the "SolutionMethod" flag to "diagon", the segmentation fault error
occur again. I have checked the memory by "top", it showed that the
calculation stoped when 12.9% memory are used. It is same as the
situation when the "SolutionMethod" flag is "Transiesta". it is a
serial run on the redhat 3.0 with AMD Opteron 244. my systems have 20
atoms both in electrodes and scatter region. I do not have any idea
about the error , could you help me?

yours

JW Wei

> Dear J Wei,
>
> Well, segmentation fault is never great news. If you start from scratch,
> TranSIESTA will first compute a SIESTA density matrix (SystemLabel.DM) and
> then the TranSIESTA density matrix (SystemLabel.TSDE), but only if you don't
> have a segmentation fault at the beginning of the calculation, as it seems
> to be your case.
> You could get this error due to the fact that your calculation requires more
> memory than what you have. As a first test, please use the same fdf input
> files but put the "SolutionMethod" flag to "diagon". Also, is it a parallel
> run ?
>
> Best,
>
> Frederico.
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM, jw wei <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear SIESTA developers,
>>
>> I get the following error in a transiesta calculation with command
>> transiesta <aa.fdf> aa.out: Segmentation fault.
>>
>> I have check the out file, it end with the following messages:
>> New_DM. Step:     1
>> Initializing Density Matrix...
>> TRANSIESTA: No TS-DensityMatrix file found
>> TRANSIESTA: Initialization runs using diagon
>>
>> InitMesh: MESH =   240 x   240 x   120 =     6912000
>> InitMesh: Mesh cutoff (required, used) =   350.000   360.982 Ry
>>
>>
>> Why not have TS-DensityMatrix file ? I use the parameters of Fast
>> example in transiesta/Scat except some necessary correction.
>> before this calculation, i have run the Fast examples successfully.
>> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> yours
>>
>> J Wei
>
>

Responder a