Dear Javier,

Thanks for the reply.
I actually printed out this paper already, and I don't have a chance to read
through it. It is a good long paper! Anyway, I will read it at some point.
For me to start with, can you answer my second question please: is it
possible to smooth out the potential in water?
Many thanks.

Regards,
Jun

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Javier Junquera
<[email protected]>wrote:

>
>  Dear Jun:
>
>  Take a glance to the following paper:
>
> "Nanoscale smoothing and the analysis of interfacial charge and dipolar
> densities"
> Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 19, 213203 (2007)
>
>  Hope this helps,
>
>          Javier
>
>
>  Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to get macroscopic potential averages of some interfaces using
>> macroave. I noticed that the outcome (.MAV files) changes if setting
>> different lengths for filter functions. Is there a general rule to select
>> the optimal lengths?
>> It seems that macroave works for ordered lattices of solids. Is it also
>> possible to smooth out the potential in disordered systems, e.g. solid/water
>> interfaces.
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Jun
>>
>
>
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Javier Junquera
>
> Ciencias de la Tierra y Fisica de la Materia Condensada (CITIMAC)
> Avenida de Los Castros s/n
> Facultad de Ciencias
> Universidad de Cantabria
> E-39005 Santander, Cantabria
> Spain
>
> web-page: http://personales.unican.es/junqueraj
> e-mail:   [email protected]
> Tel:      (+34) 942 20 15 16
> Fax:      (+34) 942 20 14 02
>
>
>

Responder a