Guangping,

The differences with respect to Gaussian results could com from pseudos and
bases - if you could port both to your siesta calculation, then in principle
with a suitable cutoff and a large enough cell you would have a structure
which already relaxed. Unfortunately I don't know exactly how Gaussian
differs from Siesta when it comes to representing the charge density and
wavefunctions, so I can't say more.

You can try two options: the first is to make MD.MaxCGDispl  0.04 Ang or
even a bit less. This will make the initial CG displacements over the PES
smaller, and then maybe you'll get to convergence faster. The second option
is to try a Broyden relaxation with MD.Broyden.Initial.Inverse.Jacobian
 0.1, which will also make the initial displacements over the PES surface
smaller (and the subsequent ones as well, hopefully). You could try both and
**do** check that both give consistent final geometries.

Marcos

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Guangping Zhang <[email protected]> wrote:

>  Dear siesta users and developers:
> When I do a geometry optimization,even a small molecular about a dozen
> atoms,it needs more than one hundred steps to find the stationary point.It
> is the same even if I pre-optimized in Gaussion 03.My force convergence is
> 0.02eV/A,and the DM tolerance is 1.0d-4,MaxDisplLength 0.1Ang.I use
> siesta-3.0-b,is it related to the above parameters used?
> So who can help me ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> 2010-05-05
> ------------------------------
> Guangping Zhang
>


Responder a