Hi Henrik,

I had some problems with OpenMPI compilations when I did them from scratch.
Nevertheless, mpich2 has always worked very well for me. It also compiles
faster than OpenMPI. If you want I can forward you the steps - I did this to
a friend and he managed to compile siesta properly and run it, albeit with
ifort instead of gfortran. So, you should

Now I seem to remember that gfortran has an issue when it comes to mpi, but
I can't remember exactly what it is. Maybe you should google it before
compiling with gfortran.

Best regards,

Marcos

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Henrik Löfås <[email protected]>wrote:

> Dear Siesta list,
>
> I have some problem compiling siesta, I am using GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.4.2,
> and OpenMPI 1.4.2 also compiled with gfortran 4.4.2
>
> my error looks like:
>
> /beda/users/home/lofas/siesta-3.0-b/Src/alloc.F90:1705.38:
>
>     MPI_Sum,0,MPI_Comm_World,MPIerror)
>                                       1
> Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'mpi_reduce' at (1)
> /beda/users/home/lofas/siesta-3.0-b/Src/alloc.F90:1707.41:
>
>     MPI_MaxLoc,0,MPI_Comm_World,MPIerror)
>                                          1
> Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'mpi_reduce' at (1)
> /beda/users/home/lofas/siesta-3.0-b/Src/alloc.F90:1718.34:
>
>         1,MPI_Comm_World,MPIerror)
>                                   1
> Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'mpi_send' at (1)
> /beda/users/home/lofas/siesta-3.0-b/Src/alloc.F90:1723.41:
>
>         1,MPI_Comm_World,Status,MPIerror)
>                                          1
> Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'mpi_recv' at (1)
> make: *** [alloc.o] Error 1
>
>
> arch.make
>
> # Copyright (c) Fundacion General Universidad Autonoma de Madrid:
> # E.Artacho, J.Gale, A.Garcia, J.Junquera, P.Ordejon, D.Sanchez-Portal
> # and J.M.Soler, 1996- .
> #
> # Use of this software constitutes agreement with the full conditions
> # given in the SIESTA license, as signed by all legitimate users.
> #
> SIESTA_ARCH=gfortran-nolibs
> #
> # Serial compilation without the need of any installed libraries.
> #
> FC=mpif90
> #
> FC_ASIS=$(FC)
> #
>
> FFLAGS=-O0 -DMPI
> FFLAGS_DEBUG= -g -Wall -Wextra
> LDFLAGS=
> RANLIB=echo
> LIBS=
> LIBS=-lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_solver_lp64_sequential -lmkl_intel_lp64
> -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_openmpi_lp64 -lmkl_lapack -lpthread
>
> SYS=nag
> FPPFLAGS=-DGFORTRAN -DFC_HAVE_FLUSH -DFC_HAVE_ABORT          # Note this !!
> #COMP_LIBS=linalg.a
> MPI_INTERFACE=libmpi_f90.a
> MPI_INCLUDE=/beda/users/home/lofas/prog/openmpi/include/
>
> #
> .F.o:
>         $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS)  $(FPPFLAGS) $<
> .f.o:
>         $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS)   $<
> .F90.o:
>         $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS)  $(FPPFLAGS) $<
> .f90.o:
>         $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS)   $<
> #
>
>
> Have anyone some suggestions how to solve it?
>
> Best Regards
> Henrik
>

Responder a