merci.

On 03/08/2013 04:28 PM, Nick Papior Andersen wrote:
Dear Federico,

For your transiesta runs, you will probably quickly come to shortcomings. The parallelization scheme, for now, is not really scalable for huge systems, nor excessive number of processors. As transiesta is only parallelized across energy points you will immediately see your system stall for number of processors > NE. So dont do that. :)

Kind regards Nick


2013/3/8 Federico Iori <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>

    Thanks Bartek.

    The point is exactly to know about a blugene for me, since there
    the code should scale on thousand of cpus instead. We have access
    only to this kind of machine basically so the idea is trying to
    move in this new direction.

    In naycase I will keep the informations you gave!
    ciao!

    ff


    On 03/08/2013 04:08 PM, Bartek Szyja wrote:

        Hi Federico,

        I have been using SIESTA on huygens in Amsterdam, which is
        also IBM
        machine, but it's running linux (I don't know what OS is
        installed on
        Fermi) and has POWER6 CPUs. It depends on the model, but
        generally the
        calculations scale reasonably well up to 4 nodes (128 CPUs).
        There is no
        significant speedup from using SMT. I also haven't done any
        tests with
        k-points however nor order-N - the scaling might be better.

        Cheers,
        Bartek




        On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 15:14 +0100, Federico Iori wrote:

            Hi Siesta people!

            I am wondering if some of you has ever did some scaling
            test of Siesta
            and Transiesta on  Fermi, the IBM-BlueGene /Q installed in
            Cineca in
            Bologna. I was considering the idea to run on that machine
            but I would
            like to know if the code is really able to scale on this
            kind of machine.

            Do you have any idea?

            Thanks a lot

            Federico Iori.






Responder a