On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 07:27 +0100, aouchenni boudjemaa wrote:
> Hi siesta users,
> 
>                   I would like if it is possible to install siesta in
> a machine which is IBM AIX 5.3?
> the machine has a fortran version which is XL fortran. I need help to
> compile siesta in this machine and do my calculations.
> 

Yes, it is possible, I have compiled it on AIX previously. Unfortunately
I don't have ready arch.make, but I can give you some hints. In general
just follow the normal procedure of compilation, and pay attention to
the following.

If you have parallel environment installed (poe) you should use mpfort
as the compiler (FC). It automatically generates parallel code and links
the required libraries for parallel use. Don't forget about
--enable-mpi.

Use the -lessl library for blas, it gives significant improvement over
netlib blas. ESSL is a standard library must be installed on IBM system.

Good luck,
Bartek

Responder a