Hi Pedram,

MD temperature is "reaĺ", thermodynamic temperature.
Electronic temperature is just a smearing parameter for the
Fermi surface, that easies the computation of integrals in
reciprocal space involving occupied states. You could use
the MP scheme instead of the FD one, thus loosing connection
with any statistical distribution. Or even choose zero, with
possible horrible effects on SCF convergence.

Bye, bye,

Roberto


On 09/05/2013 11:41 AM, pedram heidari wrote:
Hi,

I have problem with temperatures in MD Anneal in Si.fdf that is present in
"tests" directory in siesta code. (I have enclosed the .fdf)

There, I can see the electronic temperature is 300K and two other parameters as:

MD.InitialTemperature 100 K
MD.TargetTemperature 600 K

To my understanding, the electronic temperature comes from the fermi-dirac
distribution and deals with the valence "electrons" but MD temperatures come
from Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution for "atoms" and should consider the role of
the nuclei as well, if I am not mistaken.

What is exactly the point of mentioning the temperature in two different
distributions in one MD simulation?

Thanks,
Pedram


Responder a