Hi Fabiano

good!

On 24 Apr 2014, at 18:51, Fabiano Corsetti <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear SIESTA community,
> 
> I would like to bring to your attention the release of the new Siestimator 
> web app. It is designed for SIESTA users to obtain realistic timing estimates 
> for parallel runs of their jobs on a variety of HPC systems.
> 
> The app can be accessed here:
> 
> http://departments.icmab.es/leem/siesta/siestimator/
> 
> An open-access paper has also recently been published, explaining how the 
> estimates are calculated, and discussing general issues of parallel scaling 
> for SIESTA and other DFT codes. Among other things, the results show SIESTA 
> to be quite capable of taking advantage of many thousands of cores, with a 
> level of parallel efficiency comparable to that of several popular plane-wave 
> codes.

but with a lower global demand ...

E



> The paper is available here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0095390
> 
> I hope some of you will find the app useful for planning large-scale SIESTA 
> projects. I welcome any comments and questions you might have.
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Fabiano Corsetti
> CIC nanoGUNE

Responder a