If I recall correctly then spin polarized in siesta means that it
initializes a ferromagnetic state, you need to initialize the spins to be
anti-ferromagnetic, see DM.Initspin in the manual.




2014-06-23 19:18 GMT+00:00 Francisco Wellery Nunes Silva <
[email protected]>:

> Dear SIESTA Users,
>
> I'm trying to compute the band structure of a 4-zGNR, using GGA-PBE as
> exchange functional, however at the end I got a FM ground state, in which I
> see no band gap in the plot. Since such result is unexpected does someone
> could explain me why this is happening???
>
> I've attached my fdf and XV files (with relaxed positions) for better
> understanding of my question.
>
> Thanks for your time and attention,
>
> --
>
> *******************************************
> Francisco Wellery Nunes Silva.
> *******************************************
> Skype >> silvafwn
> *Ph.D*. *student at,*
> Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC),
> Block 928, Ground Floor, Room -- 02
> Caixa Postal 6030 ( Mail-Box  6030 )
> C.E.P -- 60.455-900
> Fortaleza - Ceará – Brasil
> *******************************************
>



-- 
Kind regards Nick

Responder a