Dear Rajan,

thanks for this information. I will in future work with this procedure.

Some more things that confuse me are the following:

1. When I re-run the same setup, I get deviations up to 15% in the 
transmission. What could be the reason for this?

2. I did calculations of the same setup with transiesta 3.2-pl-5 and 4.0b-485 
and also got quite different characteristics in the transmission spectrum. Same 
question: what could be the reason for this? I didn't notice any changed 
defaults.

Apart from this, are there reliable ways to tell if my compilation is stable?

Thanks and best regards,
JH

Rajan Singh schrieb am 2016-03-14:
> Hii

> You should do following steps:

> 1. Decide your structure
> 2. Run structure with different k pts and plot energy vs k pt
> See after some k pt energy values nearly same
> 3. Do same with mesh cuttoff
> 4. Relax structure with CG steps
> 5. Then electrode calculation
> And finally tranmission calculations

> Regards
> Rajan Singh

> Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

> [email protected] wrote:

> >Dear users,
> >
> >I am pretty new to Siesta/TranSiesta and I'm currently struggling with the 
> >following topic: I want to compute equilibrium transmission of 
> >Poly(3-Methylthiophene) with different chain lengths. My current (ideally 
> >periodic) _test_ system consists of 100 atoms (a 10mer) of which 2x40 atoms 
> >build the electrodes. At the moment I'm doing lots of tests with different 
> >parameters like k vectors, box sizes, MeshCutoff and others. The finally 
> >important quantity is the transmission.
> >My problem is now that I'm not really seeing a "pattern": I find it hard to 
> >understand which physical quantity indicates a good or bad convergence 
> >w.r.t. the transmission. I'm observing energies and of course the 
> >transmission function. What confuses me most is that the transmission 
> >function changes shape very drastically for changes like e.g. increasing or 
> >decreasing the kx,ky vectors by 1. Sometimes transmission values de- or 
> >increase by up to 6 magnitues, in combination with a totally different 
> >characteristic.
> >Also, the same calculation yields deviations of up to 15% at for example 
> >T(E=Ef) when repeated. Could this be connected to a numerical instability 
> >due to a compilation problem or a "defective" math library?
> >Literature indicates a transmission T(E=Ef) ~ 0-1 G0. Most of my results 
> >range between 0.17 and 0.01 G0 (again: with very different transmission 
> >function shapes).
> >I'm afraid of having an understanding problem somewhere or missing out 
> >something important.
> >
> >I hope that I can get some advice.
> >
> >Thanks and best regards,
> >JH

Responder a