Please read my previous mail.

1) you see this error because your electrode is too short in the
semi-infinite direction (transport direction)
2) transiesta versions prior to 4.0 did not check this and actually allowed
calculations with too short electrodes (this is why you don't see the error
message in 3.2)
3) the NEGF formalism does not constrain the type of electrode you use
(there are, however, practical limitations), so using a zGNR electrode is
viable.
4) you should read the manual carefully. See e.g. Section 9.6 for details
(manual for 4.1-b2).
5) If you use an older version to bypass this error message your
self-energies may be incorrectly calculated. I.e. I would NOT recommend
this.

--

Kind regards Nick Papior