NetCDF is not a requirement for siesta, but it makes certain (many things
related to the grid) much easier.

For tbtrans in 4.1. It isn't a requirement, but many options are _only_
implemented for tbtrans compiled with NetCDF support, such as:
- molecular projected transmission
- orbital resolved DOS
- automatic k-point averaged transmission
- automatic k-point averaged DOS
- Storing down-folded self-energies
- orbital currents (also known as bond-currents)
- User defined tight-binding models for millions of atoms (see the sisl
package: https://github.com/zerothi/sisl which writes the Hamiltonian in a
tbtrans compatible format)
- Maybe I have forgotten some things...

So I would say NetCDF is almost a requirement for the new tbtrans...

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a