The lower limit is the system size which only has interactions with its
nearest neighbour unit-cell.
In siesta 4.1 beta transiesta will tell you whether the electrode is too
small, but it will not tell you whether it can be made smaller.
You can deduce the minimum size of your electrode from your basis range.
Your basis range is the minimum length of your electrode along the
semi-infinite direction. However, periodicity will often force you to use a
longer one.

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a