Since Siesta is a code using periodic boundary conditions any atomic
coordinate translated by a lattice vector is an equivalent system.
You can easily try this yourself by calculating two different structures
with one of them having a single atom displaced by a lattice vector.

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a