Yes, there is a difference between the siesta and tbtrans.

Siesta is a fully periodic calculation.
TBtrans is a semi-infinite calculation where one or more directions are
replaced by bulk electrodes. Additionally, TBtrans allows non-equilibrium
calculations.

These two systems are not equivalent and thus one should not expect the
same PDOS.

As for the electrodes they are considered bulk so the PDOS calculated in
the corresponding electrode (siesta) calculation would be correct. What
changes is the PDOS in the scattering region (not bulk electrodes).

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a