Hi,
Den søn. 31. mar. 2019 kl. 22.02 skrev Rodrigo Garcia Amorim <
rgamo...@id.uff.br>:

> Dear developers,
>
>     I saw in the manual that is possible calculate the phonon
> transmission. Regarding this topic, my questions are:
>
> 1) Could I  use similar setup of transport calculation?

Yes and no. Generally it would be extremely costly to perform phonon
transmission calculations using siesta since it requires a huge system to
ensure the phonons are "relaxed" in the electrode region. This is why we
(in the paper) did phonon transmissions using GULP which can calculate the
dynamical matrix.

> 2) For electrodes I need run FC with transiesta to obtain the dynamic
> matrix and frequencies?

If you wish to use siesta (transiesta is not needed) then yes, you need the
electrodes in a big enough cell such that you can decouple the cell
interactions. The problem is that phonons are long ranged and thus
intrinsically requires a very large system to get correct dynamical
matrices. I.e. for the graphene system in the paper we used a system of 128
atoms which reduces to an 8 atom big electrode and 32 big device region.
Since this is for the GULP MD scheme you may need an even bigger system in
siesta.

> 3) For scatter region I also need calculate using FC and transiesta?

See above.

> 4) In the paper (Improvements on non-equilibrium and transport Green
> function techniques: The next-generation transiesta)
>
> The authors claim that is possible use Nc>=1. For Nc=1. Should I consider
> just left electrode?

Do you mean number of electrodes? N_e?
If so yes. You can do as many (or as few as 1) electrodes. If you want
transmission you need at least 2 electrodes.

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a