Could you:

0) Send the FORCE_STRESS file?
1) Use siesta-4.1 b4 (you are using b3)
2) Add MinSCFIterations 3 to the options
3) I would probably try and relax the system a bit first in a non-polarized
calculation (but this is unrelated to the failure)

Also, you are compiling with Intel -O3 which I typically won't advice.
Intel compilers are extremely aggressive which may lead to small numerical
problems. I would stick with -O2 and compile atom.F with -O1.

It seems the output was truncated since the failing call is *after* the
atoms has been moved. I.e. try this:
$> unbuffer mpirun -np ... siesta RUN.fdf > RUN.out
or equivalent, then send the output again.

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a