Hi,

Den tir. 16. jun. 2020 kl. 22.00 skrev Seyed Mohammad Tabatabaei <
smt...@gmail.com>:

> Thank you so much for your answer.
>
> Do I need to use more buffer layers?

Maybe, first change to metallic MoS2, then see.

> I am currently using semiconducting MoS2 nanoribbons (1D system) with a
> bandgap of about 0.5 eV. Would changing to metallic MoS2 nanoribbons
> improve convergence?

Yes, using metallic electrodes would definitely help.

> Do you mean I should increase the cutt-off energy?

I didn't realize it was a nanoribbon. So no need for k-point convergence.
But you should converge system parameters before doing NEGF calculations.
This includes basis set optimization + mesh-cutoff etc.

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:36 AM Nick Papior <nickpap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1. Great that you are using buffer atoms to get the *correct* behaviour
>> of your electrodes
>> 2. However, you are using MoS2 as electrodes, which is semiconducting.
>> This is not a good idea since the NEGF formalism requires the electrodes
>> are *bulk-like* and this cannot be enforced if the screening distance is
>> very long. This is the case for semi-conducting electrodes.
>> 3. Your other convergence parameters are very low, you really should
>> first converge the basic MoS2 setup for k-points, mesh-cutoff etc. but in
>> general, if you have semi-conducting electrodes, you shouldn't use NEGF
>> unless you are being really careful. :)
>>
>> Den lør. 13. jun. 2020 kl. 22.00 skrev Seyed Mohammad Tabatabaei <
>> smt...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am doing a TranSIESTA calculation for the following system.
>>>
>>> [image: image.png]
>>>
>>> However, I cannot converge the density matrix no matter how small my
>>> mixing weight is.
>>>
>>> I would be grateful if you help me with it. My output file is also
>>> attached.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>

>>> --
>>> SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the
>>> European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)
>>>

>> --
>> Kind regards Nick
>>
>> --
>> SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the
>> European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)
>>

> --
> SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the
> European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

--
Kind regards Nick
--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a