Dear SIESTA users,
I've been using SIESTA for the past few months and have had this problem
with computation- I use SIESTA on my laptop for running basic calculations
such as bandstructure and *it takes too much time and resources*.
So to solve this problem, *I've made a [Github
action](https://github.com/marketplace/actions/siesta-action
<https://github.com/marketplace/actions/siesta-action>) which will run
SIESTA on Github Virtual Machines( called runners) and give you a
downloadable output. *This will save you computational time and allow you
to test multiple inputs without using your own computational resources.
Note: Github doesn't allow computation for more than 6 hours.(I'm trying to
overcome it.) And a free Github account allows 2000 minutes of computation
time. Also students can avail a Pro account for free, which gives much more
computation time.

I hope this helps people, especially students. Please let me know if you
have any questions or suggestions.

Yours sincerely,
Shantanu Dash
Undergraduate student in Physics
University of Delhi

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a