Hello Srest,
I think ADOS measures how much the DOS of a certain electrode is spilled onto a certain set of orbitals. So it is related to the DOS of the electrode, and how strong the orbitals are coupleed to the electrode. If the scattering region is not connected in the same way to the two electrodes, it is should have different ADOS. The book 'Electronic transport in mesoscopic systems' from Supriyo Datta should have a full explanation about it.
Best,
Yuefei

Quoting msz228074 <msz228...@iitd.ac.in>:

Hi Siesta users,

I am trying to calculate transport across two system. Now, if ADOS is spectral DOS of electrode and if I am using same electrode in both the cases (with diff scattering region) why I am getting different average ADOS? I don't think I clearly understand what ADOS actually is.

Any help would be useful.

Regards
Srest

--
Srest Somay
Ph.D. Scholar

--
Yuefei Huang
Graduate Student

--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a