Hi,

On 23 August 2017 at 14:32, Ernest Tse <ernest....@pacswitch.com> wrote:

> ​Dear All,
>
> Here is my opinion,
>
> (1) If the transfer is denied by APNIC, does it mean the IP address will
> be wasted on the Internet ?

Yes, if the transfer is denied the address space will remain unused until
the next recipient is found and approved.

> (2) If there are no need policy applied , can it help the un-routed IP
> address utilization %  ?

Yes, It will make it simpler to get the IPs from being dormant to an active
network that has plans for them.

> (3) The recipient request transfer does it mean they have real demend for
> IPv4 address ?

Yes, if anyone is ready to pay for space, they have a need behind it.
I have seen mentions of speculators many times, but the only demonstrated
IPv4 speculation happening, is actually only happening at new membership
level at the RIRs.
Where people open new LIRs for the sole purpose of transferring later.

But from the IPv4 transfers of "old" space, I have never heard of
speculators.
A large cloud provider or country wide ISP/mobile operator can easily
justify any given amount of space anyways, the need based transfer policy
only affects smaller networks.

> (4) Can this "no need policy"  help to re-use/recycle the old IP address
> / legacy IP address to the new owner?

Yes, making it simpler and removing a whole layer of doubt when approaching
a potential transfer deal.
offering parties and receiving parties have so much to arrange internally,
now, when you need to explain to your finance director that you need x
amount of dollars ear marked to buy new IP space but that the deal will
only go through if the RIR approves it due to evaluation of network
requirements....

Most finance people and managers do not like to hear about policies, they
want to know "when", not "if".
That is a simple reality.

> (5) Saving a lot of APNIC work load ? HR ?

Yes, APNIC's staff will be handling this from a pure contractual agreement
point of view, no evaluation of technical needs, so a big part of the work
put in transfers will be diminished.

> Thank you very much !
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Ernest Tse
> Pacswitch Globe Telecom Ltd.
> // Web: http://www.pacswitch.com
> // Tel:  +852-21570550 <+852%202157%200550>
> //Mobile: +852-62536678 <+852%206253%206678>
> //Skype: codesixs

Regards,
David Hilario