>As we know,RIPE NCC and ARIN have the similar 2 years limit for transfer.

>We think 2 years limit is more reasonable.

>It will make the policy more compatible with other RIRs.

>Best Regards,

>Steven

Hi Steven,

Actually it’s:

ARIN   1 year

RIPE   2 years

LACNIC 3 years

And we are conflating things. Here is my understanding:

ARIN has no “final /8” policy, so the 1 year policy applies to all transfers
except mergers and acquisitions.

RIPE’s has a “final /8” policy, but still the 2 years applies to all transfers.

LACNIC’s  3 year policy applies to all direct allocations from LACNIC (not just
final /8) , but not to resales of prior transfers.

But APNIC is considering a waiting period only on the 103 block, that would be
inherently different from the other registries, so finding compatibility will
be limited in any case.

Regards,
Mike Burns