Hi Owen,
I understand your concern but even with /23 delegation size as of today,
APNIC delegated 1300+ /24s only in last 18 months (not the full /23) it
could be because of many reasons and one of them is fee (APNIC charges on
HD ratio). If we go ahead with further /23 + /24 it will create more
deaggregation which I agree but with almost 50% of the global routing table
based on /24s it is not going to make much difference that it will another
may be 8k /24s

Regards,

Aftab A. Siddiqui