Hi All,

Many thanks to the APNIC team for making this data public.

I've done some basic charting of the data here: https://apnic.tō.nz/

Key takeaway: use from the top three ASNs, all cloud computing platforms, 
accounts for half the query volume to APNIC WHOIS and RDAP. 

I've got a few other visualisations I've prototyping in R that I'll be 
translating to web charts soon. 

Please if you have any particular views of the data you'd like to see let me 
know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Jon

On Tue, 21 Jul 2026, at 17:35, Dave Phelan wrote:
> Dear SIG members,
> 
> Implementation of “prop-167: Published Statistics on Directory Service Usage” 
> has now been completed.
> 
> The directory https://ftp.apnic.net/apnic/whois-rdap-stats/ contains
> hourly summary statistics derived from APNIC WHOIS and RDAP query
> logs.
>  
> Each published report covers logging for one hour and contains aggregate
> statistics by origin ASN, including query totals, query type
> distribution, and distinct source IP counts.
>  
> Data and folder structure information is published in 
> https://ftp.apnic.net/apnic/whois-rdap-stats/README.TXT
>  
> Regards
>  
>  
> -- 
> Dave Phelan
> Policy Manager and Senior Network Analyst
>  
>  
> _______________________________________________
> SIG-policy - https://mailman.apnic.net/[email protected]/
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

https://jon.brewer.nz/
_______________________________________________
SIG-policy - https://mailman.apnic.net/[email protected]/
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to