Qt Creator uses cmake as its project file these days and it also works fairly well as a general c/c++ IDE beyond just Qt Gui code.

Pulseview imports into Qt Creator just fine because of this.  Of course libsigrok and sigrok-cli don't use CMake. I would have said that you can't as easily import those projects into Qt Creator, but it seems there is now included (but not on by default) plugin to let Qt Creator use Makefile.am files. It seems to do OK with libsigrok and sigrok-cli, but I didn't test that much beyond seeing it open it as a project.

So, Cedric, in my opinion go for it and see how it goes.