Oooops...Forgot one thing.  Pat Gonzalez has agreed to take the lead
with our evaluators' communit.  Thanks Pat!!!!  Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Wexler, Larry
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 7:57 AM
To: 'sigserve@lists.uoregon.edu'
Subject: Changing of the Guard

Good morning.  As most of you are aware I was recently appointed to be
the Director of OSEP's Research to Practice Division.  The good news is
that since the SIG is administered within the Division I will have
continued involvement in the SIG program. The bad news, at least for me,
is that I must give up my direct supervision of the program.  In the
nearly ten years that I have been the program lead we have seen so many
wonderful accomplishments--far too many to list!!!  I want to stress
that these accomplishments have resulted from the great leadership that
the SIG project directors and evaluators have provided.  Frankly, my
affiliation with the SIG program has been totally fun--Y'all have taught
me so much about what it takes to scale-up research-based
practices--WITH FIDELITY----how hard it is and how dogged you have had
to be to make great things happen for children and families.

I have designated Jennifer Doolittle as the SPDG program lead.  Given
that the SPDG is my "child" I am very pleased that Jennifer agreed to
lead the program.  You may not be aware of the fact that Jennifer
authored Oregon's successful SPDG application and served as the Oregon
SPDG Project Director.  Jennifer has been very active in the SPDG
program area workgroup and will be in a leadership position to "connect
the dots" between SPDG initiatives and the Scale-up Center (she is the
Co-Project Officer) to nurture SPDG State scale up efforts. For those of
you who may unaware of Jennifer's academic credentials, it should
suffice to say that she received her doctorate from the University of
Oregon, in the area of behavior, with Rob Horner as her adviser.
Thanks to Jennifer for taking on this responsibility.  Please support
Jennifer as she assumes this new responsibility. I suspect you will see
me at the summer project directors' meeting.   Thanks....Larry