I just upgraded to latest version of Sikuli to x-1.0rc3(r905) and have issue
with all the scripts written with previous version, which was X-1.0rc2 IDE.

And I am sure that this has been asked and resolved previously as this new
version is here for more than a month.

Now, here is the problem -

With previous IDE, if I write "IF statement" like this -
if (x == 1):
and I press enter then, cursor would go to the next line with indentation. like
-
if (x == 1):

and if you see at the lower right corner of IDE, you would read something like
- Line: 2; Column: 2
which essentially tells you that you are at line number two and column is also
2. That means that indentation would count as one column and you start writing
from second column.

Now, do the same thing with new IDE. Write the same if statement and press
enter & you would see exactly same thing -
if (x == 1):

But the only issue is when you see lower right corner of IDE. Now you see -
Line: 2; Column: 5
Saw the difference in column number? Its because, this IDE considers one tab or
one indentation as 4 spaces or 4 column to be specific. And you start writing
from fifth column.

Now, this makes no difference if you are writing a new script in this new IDE.
But when you open any script which was written in previous IDE, you encounter
problem. Let me give you same example. You have script like below written in
old IDE -
if (x == 1):
    print x

and you open this script in new IDE. Now, you realize that you want a new
statement inside "if statement". so, you move your cursor to end of the "if
statement", that is at "if (x == 1): <---". And then you hit enter. Cursor
still comes at the correct place visually with indentation and you write a new
statement there -
if (x == 1):
    popup something
    print x

and you expect the script to work because it has proper indentation and you
click big right arrow on top of the IDE. BUT script doesn't run. WHY? Because
first statement inside "IF" is at column 5 and second statement inside "IF" is
at column 2!!

Is it a known bug? or a bug at all and it is how it should be working?

Thanks,
Parva Thakkar