Saw a posted reply for Windows with the solution being:
type(Key.BACKSPACE) or type(Key.DELETE)

Neither one of these options works for me. I'm simply trying to write a
clean-up script. The script returns the "system under test" back to a default
state after the test run. The key for me is that the application is being run
on a Mac and the two methods above don't seem to work. I have Sikuli focus the
cursor on the field and the value is highlighted but then the methods above
don't delete out the existing text. How can I get this work?

Thanks!