RaiMan proposed the following answer:
--- We are actually doing it on java
To transpose my examples to Java is your job. It would cost me nearly double
the time. Should not be such complicated for a programmer.

--- And what you've provided here is somewhat difficult to understand. Can you
please write a simple script or else write a comment for each line??
I have adopted my first example to the drop down calendar and added some
comments. Of course it might be "difficult" as with all new things, but nothing
can be accomplished without some effort.
Most of the code is just date calculation and looping and should be familiar to
a Java programmer.

the new example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42895525/ddcalendar.sikuli.zip