RaiMan proposed the following answer:
I am not getting my cron environment on my Mac Lion to work (I know, there are
some tricks, but I do not get it).
atrun is still disabled here - does this hinder cron to run?

So for the moment I cannot test the situation.

But this might be the cause: the cron jobs are started in background as far as
I know. So they do not have access to the screen.
This might be the problem with Sikuli here.

If you want to run the Sikuli script at 01:00, just start it and
implement a wait until that time.You can make it a loop, so it runs
every day automatically.

and this is a snippet, how to calculate the time to wait until a
specific time:

until = list(time.localtime())
until[3:6] = (15, 54, 0) # hour minute second
timeUntil = time.mktime(tuple(until))
timeToWait = int(timeUntil - time.time())

# only for debug
fmt = "time to wait from now %s til %s : %d sec"
print fmt%(time.strftime("%H:%M"),
        time.strftime("%H:%M", tuple(until)),
        timeToWait)