Mark Weisler posted a new comment:
I tried essentially  your code and it worked properly for me.
I have a Web page open and it contains the string of interest in the region
Sikuli will be searching. Then I run...

myReg= Region(100,100,500,600)
myReg.highlight(2)
myText = myReg.text()
print myText

myReg.find("Hitz")  # succeeds as Hitz is found in the region
wait(3)
myReg.find("Hitzzzzzzzzzz") # fails as Hitzzzzzzzzzz is not found in the region
#this appears as a FindFailed error in the IDE

Please be sure the screen with the text has focus for Sikuli to see it.
You may be encountering a known OCR issue with Sikuli. (Apparently OCR
is not the most robust part of Sikuli at this time.)

Another version of this using exception handling is below and it works
properly also...

#script: OCRDemo33
# now using exception handling...

Settings.OcrTextSearch = True
Settings.OcrTextRead = True

myReg= Region(100,100,500,600)

myReg.highlight(2)
myText = myReg.text()
print myText

myReg.find("Hitz")  # succeeds as Hitz is found in the region
wait(1)

try:
        myReg.find("Hitzzzzzzzzzz")
        print "found string somehow" #should not execute this line as Hitzzzzz
is not there.
        pass # it is there
except FindFailed:
        print("") #blank line