** Changed in: sikuli

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/702291

Title:
  [request] want additional method signature Region.inside(left, right,
  top, bottom)

Status in Sikuli:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  especially, when trying to use Region.text() optimally, I found the
  following helper very convenient (I have it in my basics):

  def regInside(reg, left, right, top=0, bottom=0):
      return Region(reg.x+left, reg.y+top, reg.w-left-right, reg.h-top-bottom)

  This returns a new region inside the given one, with some padding
  left, right, top, bottom.

  It would be helpful to have it as a Region method
  def inside(reg, left, right, top=0, bottom=0):

  the defaults for top and bottom: I found that it is mostly helpful to
  cut the region horizontally and keep the height.

  e.g.
  App.focus("Safari") # supposing Safari is running and shows a webpage
  win = App.focusedWindow()
  titleText = win.above(1).below(25).inside(70, 40).text()

  so inside() helps to cut off the parts of the titlebar containing
  grafics.