Eugene S proposed the following answer:
Your observation is correct. Since Sikuli uses OpenCV to work with
patterns on the screen, it does so on a pixel level. That means that if
the patterns have even slight differences, it might result in Sikuli
being unable to find the pattern on the screen. Saying that, given the
patterns are shown on the same resolution screen on different OSes, the
matching should still work.

There are few things that could be done to fine tune successful
detection results. If the differences are truly minor, you can change
the minimal similarity score to a lower value so that pattern that
matches with a lower percentage will still be considered as match.

In your case however, it looks like the differences are quite
significant so I don't think that this approach will suite you. I have
also noticed that the text on your images looks blurred. I am not sure
about OSX but in windows you can change that. There is the cleartype
setting and the "smooth edges of screen fonts" in Windows "Performance
Options". All these should be consistent between OSes.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.