New question #403103 on Sikuli:

Currently using SikulixIDE 1.1.0 - build 2015-10-05_17:07 + Java Version 8
Update 101 (build 1.8.0_101-b13) on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 Beta (but this issue
has persisted for several years, across many versions of OS X beginning I
believe with OS X Lion).

Indeed I used Sikuli for a while several years ago on Windows 7 and it worked
flawlessly but have had great trouble with it ever since on Mac systems - this
system in particular is a late 2014 model Retina MacBook Pro but I had the same
issue on a 2010 model MacBook Air.

I can install and run Sikuli IDE with no issue, but if I click the "Take
Screenshot" icon then the overlay appears for a moment and then turns solid
gray rather than transparent. The Region, Location, and Offset icons tend to
work most of the time, but using the 'Take Screenshot' option only works about
once every 10-15 attempts.

Otherwise the IDE works as expected - take a screenshot, point at it, perform
an action. But the screenshot functionality would be useful as it's a bit
faster.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.